Wednesday 14 September 2011

Entertaining... clean eating style

A couple of weeks ago I decided to try something bold, something new. I put together a dinner menu of strictly clean eating food and invited my Aunt & Uncle over for dinner, along with myself and my grandmother.
With that down, now I had to figure out what I was going to make.

I chose to make 3 dishes that I had never tried making before from both a few separate clean eating magazines. The first was summery green bean casserole with crisp green beans, sundried tomatoes and mushrooms. The second and main dish was 3-cheese stuffed shells (I did a variation of this recipe with whole-wheat lasagna noodles). Finally, for dessert I made a Mexican frozen pudding topped with crumbled chocolate cookies. Okay, so my math skills are a bit off, more like 3.5 dishes or 4 if you want to get technical.

3-cheese stuffed lasagna noodles
Mexican frozen chocolate pudding topped with chocolate cookies
Summery green bean casserole













The whole dinner, including dessert turned out fantastic as well I received rave reviews from my family. My Aunt was quick to ask for the recipes and my grandmother even mentioned the following day how much she enjoyed the dinner. SCORE. I couldn't have imagined a better turnout of delicious, clean food with great company.

No comments:

Post a Comment